Fund Positioning and Market Preparation
Regulatory changes, cyclical capital-raising and increased competition have put greater focus on proper positioning of your fund in the marketplace. Early preparation for market will ensure that your fund documentation, marketing message and fundraising efforts are aligned with marketplace demand. SteelBridge resources have done extensive industry research and helped funds align their offering with gathered market intelligence. Our team will help you optimize your message to set yourself apart and access the right investors.
Before you start the marathon of fundraising, marketing plans and materials, fund documents and your fund’s story all need to be finalized. Collectively our team can identify the best pre-marketing approach for your fund, and then generate material that allows you to set yourself apart in an increasingly competitive environment.
SteelBridge experts work relentlessly to ensure all aspects of your fund and your staff members are prepared to best position you in the marketplace and achieve your fund goals. Let us help you with:
- Go-to-market strategies – Connect with the right investors by combining our network with yours including access to proprietary investor search databases
- Compelling story – Tell your story by articulating what about you makes your fund different in the marketplace
- Cross-platform marketing delivery – Balance inbound versus outbound marketing, and create the highest quality stable of print, online and media materials
- Quality material production – Craft industry-leading marketing materials that resonate with your target audience and support your brand using our on-staff, private capital industry seasoned creative copywriter
- Consistent messaging – Create a consistent and clear message that investors can easily understand by taking advantage of our presentation training and ensure messaging consistency between your fund documentation and your fund presentations
- Operational efficiency – Ensure you are operationally efficient by keeping your CRM database and data room current to easily build on relationships during your fundraising efforts
Fundraising can be the hardest part of running your firm. Whether you have managed money for years or recently branched out on your own, our Capital Advisory resources understand the challenges that lie ahead with raising a new fund.
Our approach to fundraising is different than most other capital raisers; we listen to your story and objectives and then craft a plan that works for you. We customize your plan based on our proven proprietary fundraising principles and build it in a way that best communicates your unique story to investors. Our approach helps you optimize your fundraising efforts as an investment manager by focusing on critical meetings and activities. We also give you experience-based forecasts on fundraising time periods, budget and travel needs. From investor prospecting through a signed LPA, we work with you every step of the way towards a successful fund close.
Proprietary Fundraising Principles
Investment Manager Due Diligence Data Collection
Our team of fundraising and due diligence experts has developed a thorough and proven process for responding to an investor’s request for information. SteelBridge has spent thousands of hours with our clients meeting the needs of potential investors and we can help you respond to your investors in the most efficient and comprehensive manner possible. We use a combination of preparation and technology to ensure you have properly collected and organized information and are ready to respond to any type of investor request. Below are the qualitative and quantitative metrics we help you prepare for:
- Fund and Investment Management Team Demographics
- Strategy Differentiation & Portfolio Strategy
- Background Checks
- Business Continuity
- Organization Operation Capabilities
- Technical Infrastructure
- Fund Documents & Legal Structures
- Financial Statements
- Past Press Coverage & References
- Historical Performance
- Benchmark Performance
- Asset Exposure
- Geographic Breakdown
- Counterparty Risk
- Market Factor Change Impact
- Investor Breakdown
- Management Fee Comparison
Deal Pipeline Management
Identifying high quality deal flow is the core to generating interest among investors who are presented with hundreds of opportunities each year. SteelBridge can help you identify and sift through opportunities that present the greatest likelihood for success. We have worked with investment managers to put process and technology in place to improve deal pipeline management. Better manage your potential deals by implementing a robust tracking and reporting process.